The announcement below is the opportunity to apply for a Rockwell Collins University Grant, this will be distributed to key personnel at our growth schools as identified in the attachment. We wanted to make you aware of the fact that the application will be sent this week and the deadline for response from the school is April 8, 2011.
The purpose of the awards is to increase the pool of outstanding engineering students interested in potential careers at Rockwell Collins. Grants will support student design courses at the senior bachelors or masters degree level, and applications will be evaluated using the criteria below. Applications for support of individual student projects or thesis work will not be considered . Student projects need have no direct relevance to Rockwell Collins, although the Rockwell Collins champion may make project suggestions. Typically, awards are for one year and range from $5K – $25K. Repeat proposals are eligible. Funding will support the special additional requirements of a design course (e.g., project supplies, lab and test equipment) but not the time of the professor or routine class overhead expenses.
Evaluation criteria are:
- To what extent does the project address potential industry needs for talent and skills?
- Does the project raise awareness of Rockwell Collins as an exciting engineering career option among students, as well as suitably publicize Collins’ support role?
- Are there opportunities for Rockwell Collins engineers to get involved, mentor and evaluate student participants?
- Does the plan encourage participation by minority/women engineering students?
- Describe plans for obtaining other funding needed to carry out the project/program, including amounts requested of other funding sources
- If the project/program is expected to continue beyond the grant period, describe plans for ensuring continued funding after the grant period
Competition is generally strong, so successful applications tend to be those that do more than “check the box” for these criteria.
The Application Submission due date is Friday, April 8. 2011. This will help insure the process is completed in time for award checks to be issued by June. Please see the attached application document for all of the details.
You may also send questions as well as applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Katie Sarmento Arlen Breiholz
University Relations Advanced Technology Center